Hinge removal

Subject: Hinge removal
From: J D Bean <JohnBean@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 04:47:38
I have had to remove one or two bits that were epoxied on, (wing root
sockets & bushes which then required the moving of the embedded aileron
disconnect bolts).

=46rom plumbers merchants I have, in my DIY pile of tools, a pair of
soldering pliers. These things are used for soldering pipe joints and
consist of a pair or heated jaws that can be used to grip the thing to be
heated (in our case removed) applying heat at the same time. So far the
joints have separated very quickly and easily leaving the composite
material cool to touch. There is a little cleaning up of any residual epoxy
to do after.

Had them so long don't know where they came from!

John Bean (Kit 23)