Re: registrations

Subject: Re: registrations
From: Rowland & Wilma Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 16:51:40

>Does anyone know if there is  a web site where one can enquire the
>availability of registration numbers for the UK register ?

Don't know about that, but if you phone 0171 832 6299 the man at CAA
Aircraft Registration will tell you immediately if marks are
available or already taken up. He was able to give answers (all NTU,
so I had a free choice) to the 4 or 5 possibilities I had in mind,
almost as fast as I could read them out.

They also have an e-mail address <aircraft.reg@srg.caa.co.uk> but I
have not used that so don't know how well monitored it is.

Having now secured my mark, I must say that I think vanity
registrations for aircraft are something of a bargain compared to
those for vehicles, and I think maybe those who suggest that higher
rates could be charged might have a point.

regards

Rowland

PFA 16532   EAA 168386   Young Eagles Flight Leader 017623
Europa builder #435 G-ROWI