TP5 - TP6

Subject: TP5 - TP6
From: Chris and Sue Beck <n9zes@execpc.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 19:24:22
Hello gang,

We are "finally" at the point where we are ready to mount the TP5 and
TP6 bushings on the stabilators.  Some time ago there was a post from
Jim Graham to Steve Hagar regarding a mod to the book procedure, which I
have here.

My questions are:  How did this work out for you? and how did you handle
the venting of the TP2 sections?  My thought is to drill a small hole
into the fiberglass "tube" after the bushing assembly is floxed into the
pivot hole through the nearest lightening hole, thereby providing the
requisite venting thoughout the core.  I've sealed up all the lightening
hole plugs except the large ones nearest the pivot hole in anticipation
of drilling about a 1/8" hole with a long "aircraft" bit into the glass
tube.

This should provide the needed venting from what I can see compared to
the stock arrangement, and I can see how the mod will greatly improve
the structural integrity.

Overall, we are coming along well, if slowly.  We just seem to always
have something else going on in our schedules.  It sure is a lot of fun
working on the kit, and I find carving foam and slopping around in epoxy
to be very relaxing.

Thanks for any tips!

Chris
A159