Re: Gear driven alternator

Subject: Re: Gear driven alternator
From: Robert L. Nuckolls III <nuckolls@aeroelectric.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 12:17:45

>I'm thinking about installing a B&C gear driven alternator in my RV-6A.  The
>AS&S catalog gives a brief description.  It says that it is an 8 amp unit.
>Limited feedback from the List indicates that it is reliable.  My
>plane-to-be will be day, VFR with a radio, turn & bank indicator,
>micro-encoder and transponder.  I would use this as my only alternator.  I
>have two questions.  Am I crazy, or is this workable?  Can I get information
>about the B&C alternator on the internet?

  Sure. Day vfr loads is exactly what the SD-8 was designed for.
  That was B&C's first product that came on the market about 18
  years ago to support Ez builders with some day/vfr electrical
  system. There are MANY sport bi-planes flying with an SD-8
  as sole source of power.

  The SD-8 has evolved to a 10 amp machine . . . all in all,
  a robust, light and reliable alternative to more conventional
  alternator/battery systems.

  For more info, call B&C at 1.316.283.8000

       Bob . . .