Re: Aileron Counterweights

Subject: Re: Aileron Counterweights
From: Rowland & Wilma Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 23:40:45

>  If anyone has loose weights I would appreciate
>knowing their weight prior to drilling.

The weights from XS kit 435 give the following results on our
(digital) kitchen scales:

605g, 605g, 605g, 600g

The scales resolve in 5g steps between 500g and 2kg. I give no
warranty on their absolute accuracy, but (until I recently bought the
Ohaus LS200 which is of much better quality and resolution but of
course stops at 200g) I have found them well in agreement with the
Post Office counter scales for checking envelope weights around 60g
(where they resolve in 2g steps).

I suppose I could have conducted further experiments on scale
linearity by weighing them in batches of 2 and 3 at a time .....

I don't know if the weights for all kits have been made to the same
specification.

Hope this helps!

regards

Rowland