Pitot/Static lines

Subject: Pitot/Static lines
From: Steve Genotte <gopack@sprintmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 16:40:52
All,

I've had several local builders/A&P types question the longevity of the
factory provided plastic pitot/static tubing.  One gentleman noticed the
tubing during a visit to my shop and said "You know that stuff only
lasts a few years, right?"  Uh, err...

A) Are these people correct or are they thinking of some other "stuff"?

B) If they are correct, where can I get some step-by-step instructions
on how to properly run metal (aluminum or copper, yes?) tubing through
the wing and fuselage.  I've just about figured out how to incorporate
the quick connectors to this kind of system, but the actual "nuts and
bolts" of running metal tubing...I dinna ken.

Steve "Why do I do this to myself?" G.