Re: battery location

Subject: Re: battery location
From: Robert L. Nuckolls III <nuckolls@aeroelectric.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 1999 11:45:30

>Is there any reason that you would want to put the battery in the rear of
>the other than getting it away from the heat up front,will it effect
>balance that much, or is it just personal preference.

   The battery is about the only accessory
   with any weight that is also endowed with optional
   locations for installation. If your  configuration
   is very close to one that's already flying such that
   weight and balance issues are not in question, then
   duplicating the system that's flying presents you
   with no new problems.

   Some of my builders are doing automotive and/or
   otherwise untried engine configurations and I advise
   them to PLAN for battery installations both for
   and aft but wait until they're sure what the weight
   an balance looks like before deciding.  I know several
   folk who reinstalled their battery after the first
   trip to the scales.

       Bob . . .

                       ////
                      (o o)