Vents

Subject: Vents
From: J D Bean <JohnBean@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 20:33:32
I think I have worked out my cooling airflows for inlet and extraction, but
they will have to wait for flight for proof.

I have fitted a handscrew retractable scoop feeding a plenum in the roof
space and then out of punka louvres.

I have fitted a solenoid retracteble reversed (for extraction) scoop in the
inspection hatch at the rear.

I did consider the tailwheel hatch as has been mentioned on the site but
thought the internal rear bulkhead would be an obstruction. I also
consitered a pickup at the base of the fin but could not get my head round
the work involved.

I have a query though. I intend to fit the side NACA vents to help cool my
lower parts & feet and wondered if anyone had come up with a 'most
suitable' position for their location or is it a case of what looks best
and a bit of guesswork?

Thanks in advance.

John Bean (slow kit 23)