Re: Approach Trim

Subject: Re: Approach Trim
From: Andy Draper <ANDY@europaaircraft.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 12:21:18
I would recommend that the Europa is trimmed to the take-off setting (usually at
about 2 divisions down), when on the final approach.  This sets you up nicely
for a go-around should that be necessary.  Although the =22perfect=22 trim
position
would be move nose up than this when the aircraft is at 60 kts, flaps
down and with about 3000 rpm you won=27t experience high a stick load in pitch.
One further advantage is that with a slight nose down trim, the anti-servo/trim
tab is trailing edge up and will contribute to the =22up elevator=22 power
of the tailplane, something which is useful on he runway in keeping the
tailwheel
planted down.  This is all the more important when at forward C=27s of G.

If the aircraft is always trimmed to a specific setting when on approach a
certain
amount of consistency is introduced to your flying making landing that much
more enjoyable.

Kind regards

Andy Draper
Technical Manager

>>> =22Baker, Dino (FMC)=22 <Dino.Baker=40health.sa.gov.au> 08/05/99 12:37am >>>
Hello All,

After 150 landings (and takeoffs), some not too good, I have tried various
trim settings on base after extending flaps. I was trimming for neutral feel
on control stick ie. no load. This was usually about 2 divisions nose down
as for takeoff.

After trying various settings I have settled for 3 divisions nose down on
approach. This gives more load feel to the stick and is not so sensitive,
with less oscillations on the flair.

I will appreciate any feedback from flyers who are willing to try it.

Regards
John Baker =23181
The Europa List is supported by Aviators Network UK - info=40avnet.co.uk