Re: Approach Trim

Subject: Re: Approach Trim
From: DaveBuzz@aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 15:04:15
<<  The difficulty I have, being an old slow learner, is judging the
heightoff the ground, and this is why IMHO unless already current on
Europas,you should let someone else do your first flight, no matter how much
timeyou have on other taildraggers.
 Graham >>

spot on Graham, in fact I would go a step further and say to anyone with low
experience on taildraggers, and looking forward to flying their monowheel
europa, to forget about a conversion via conventional taildragger and get
converted straight onto your pride and joy after test flying. Thought long
and hard about the pros and cons before making the decision, but can
personally recommend the PFA coaching scheme, alternatively find an
instructor who will 'convert' you: Worked great for me, can almost take-off
and land on runway headings every time...  8-)
chus,
dave
g-bxum