Re:

Subject: Re:
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 00:25:00
>Hello,
>
>I'm shaping the tailplane tip. on page 3-3 step 4 it says to cut short
>pieces of the lightening hole cores and to blank off the tip. It mentions
>nothing about how to secure them. I have tried sewing pins as well as having
>the rest of the foam plugs in place... but I think that they probably need
>to be bonded now... if so how? flox or 5 minute or other ? I cnnot find
>anyplace later where i need ot look in the lightening holes.
>shoud I cut the pieces from more of the middle of the plugs ( ie inboard) so
>that they are a better fit?

That last remark implies that you have pretty well worked it out. (Yes)
Whenever you bond foam there isn't much point using anything stronger than
foam, so, use micro. ie syntactic foam, as they say. If bonding glass to
glass always use flox because it is almost as strong as glass.
BTW make sure the micro doesn't get close to the surface because you can't
sand cured micro without spoiling the shape of the foam.
Graham