Re: Fliying : Paris trip

Subject: Re: Fliying : Paris trip
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 00:39:42
>Alan,
>
>Sounds like a great trip.
>
>In microlighting circles, we find that Abbeville is a much quieter and
>cheaper place than Le Touquet, and has much fewer posers.  There is an
>equally good restaurant and a reasonably priced motel on the field too.  You
>can close the flight plan from there any time using the phone in the office
>to call Lille.  Details are up on the booard.
>
>There is Avgas on the field, Mogas down the road, and a grass strip.  But
>only one orientation.
>
>Dave Simpson

I like to clear further inland because you're less likely to get fogged in
by sea mist etc. often there one one side or the other. We all had a bit of
a scud run outbound on Saturday, except Alan Dedicote who went over at 5000
feet. Does anyone know of a friendly place 30 miles or so from the coast
that's customs and open at weekends? Troyes is just a bit far,
BTW why did only 3 other English Europas make it to Epinal. We had a
wonderful weekend, saw the jet powered Cri Cri fly, wonderful fireworks and
excellent hospitallity from the French and Austrian Europa people. A
delight to see Georges Cave fly in, 80 plus and built his Europa all on his
own with the help of translations from Lauren and a few others.
Epinal is only 4 hours from Tatenhill cruising at 120 knots. (144 at times
on the GPS.)

Graham