Re: Re: Fuel Filter

Subject: Re: Re: Fuel Filter
From: Roger Mills <Roger.Mills@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 09:29:13
Martin,
With the Pro 805, the fuel enters the filter on the outside - so you can see
the dirt collecting. With a new tank it is important to clean the filter
after the initial engine running (1-2 Hrs) and then again after the next
complete fill. I cleaned mine 3 times up to 10 Hours of running and found it
worthwhile - all fine (polyethylene?) particles from the tank and what
appears to be microsopic particles from the rubber filler pipe. Even more
important to check if you've cut the tank for e.g. a fuel level transducer
of some sort. Consider also the dual filter mod - putting a spare filter in
the reserve tank outlet.
Roger Mills
G-BVUV