CITEC news from Wilksch Airmotive

Subject: CITEC news from Wilksch Airmotive
From: Mark Wilksch <mark.wilksch@tesco.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 23:58:20
Dear Europa builders and flyers,

I have noticed a growing awareness of our CITEC diesel engine and thought
you might like  a bit of an update from Wilksch Airmotive.

The new engine mount and cowling now exist and the first trial installation
happens tomorrow on Bill Wynne's aircraft G-WWWG.

A few comments on the installation which might be of interest:

The prop will be in the FS as for the XS (FS = -5) but 2" higher.  This will
allow a slightly bigger 63" propeller while also increasing ground
clearance.  The engine is custom designed for the Europa to some extent,
particularly with respect to the rear mounts and accessories.  This allows
it to tuck in between the foot wells at the back (being an in-line engine).
Hence the main engine weight is further aft than on a Rotax or Subaru which
helps avoid any forward C of G problem.

There will be very little to do regarding cooling and oil systems as these
are mostly integrated with the engine.   The cowling shape is sleek and
"turbine like" with improved forward vision at either side of the thrust
line.   The assistance and advice of both the factory and Graham Singleton
has been valuable during the installation development.   Please come and see
the new cowling on G-WWWG on the Europa stand at Cranfield.  We will be very
interested to hear your opinions on the cowling and whether it is in keeping
with the rather elegant and flowing lines of the Europa.   It's still a
development cowling so let's have your ideas and perhaps they will make it
into the final mould?

Please note that this e-mail address will die with the birth of our web site
at http://www.wilksch.com later this month.  We will endeavour to provide
the information you require through the FAQ and other pages of the website
(please don't be offended if we can't always answer queries on an individual
basis).

Very best regards to Europa builders and pilots alike and I look forward to
meeting some of you at Cranfield.

..........MARK WILKSCH

PS:  I will be delivering a "Forum" at Cranfield at 3PM on the Friday.
Looking forward to your questions.