RE: Monowheel Brake Caliper Orientation

Subject: RE: Monowheel Brake Caliper Orientation
From: Plantragg Developments <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 23:16:32
Hi! All and sundry !
I have practically stopped fitting the mono wheel and concentrating on the
trike configuration . However when I arrived at the same delema on my MKl
fuselage / with LA mod. cockpit module ( nearly XS version!) I fitted the
brake caliper one hole further round and had the caliper strike the tunnel
side on retraction, I reasoned that the caliper needs moving half way
between the holes provided so a new backplate needs providing with the
holes about 15 degrees -or was it 30 degrees? - further round by rotation.
That way you get the best of all circumstances.
On another subject all please note that since my trike trailer is fully
insulated I successfully post cured my whole aircraft in it at 45 degrees,
anyone needing this facility please contact me .
Regards to all
Bob Harrison   337/ G-PTAG.