Monowheel Brake Caliper Orientation

Subject: Monowheel Brake Caliper Orientation
From: Mike Parkin <mparkin@globalnet.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 21:29:14

I am building an XS monowheel Europa and I am just fitting the mainwheel and
brake
assembly - has anyone had a problem with the positioning of the disc brake
caliper.  In the manual, XS issue 1, page 28-15 shows the brake caliper
positioned
approximately 30 degrees off the centreline of LG02, such that with the
mainwheel retracted, the brake assembly is inside the wheelwell.  Later, on page
29-9, the caliper is shown at 90 degrees to the LG02 centreline - which means
that the caliper will be just below the wheelwell with the mainwheel retracted.
As the mainwheel will not retract fully (without some radical surgery) with
the brake caliper submerged, I suspect that the latter illustration on Page
29-9 is the correct one - can anyone confirm this?

regards,

    Mike Parkin (312, G-JULZ)

<META content'"MSHTML 4.72.3110.7"' nameGENERATOR>

anyone confirm this?

regards,

 Mike Parkin (312,
G-JULZ)