Re: Mass Balance Wieghts

Subject: Re: Mass Balance Wieghts
From: Tony Renshaw <renshaw@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 13:05:34
John,
Like Paul I am not far off my mass balance weights installation. I however
have a Europa Classic. Is there a benefit in waiting until after I have
built my wings? I suppose it may not matter, "the apple before the cart" so
to speak. I figure either way, you either build an aileron complete and
make a wing to accomodate, or visa versa. Any thoughts?

Reg
Tony Renshaw

>Paul,
>
>I don't know if you have your wings yet but if you do not have them, I
>advise that you put the ailerons to one side and wait until you have
>installed the wing boxes, then fit the weights accordingly using dummy
>templates initially. My experience has been that the instructions as per
>the manual would have resulted in weights which might have fitted at
>zero deflection but which would give substantial interference at the
>required down deflection. I don't know why that is, I seem to remember a
>suggestion that the instructions are a hangover from the Classic Europa.
>Also, by leaving the job until the boxes are on, you can ensure a
>precise fit in the plan view.
>Happy building.
>
>Cheers, John, A099
>

>Paul McAllister wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,  I am about to do my mass balance weights for my XS ailerons.  Does
>> anyone have any special tips or cautions to share ?  Thanks
>>
>> Paul McAllister 363
>> Builders log http://pma.obtero.net

Reg
Tony Renshaw