Re: Fuel System Information

Subject: Re: Fuel System Information
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 10:22:21
Thanks for the very professionally written fuel system PDF.

 My 914 is FINALLY on its way from Austria.

The NZ Rotax agent has just come back from the factory where they confirmed
that they were able to make a "small" mod to the 914 for me. It appears that
the bushing for the mechanical fuel pump used on the 912 is present on the
914 which means that the mechanical pump can be fitted to the 914.

The factory states that while the mechanical pump will not deliver enough
fuel for turbo takeoff it will deliver enough to maintain flight in the
event of failure of the two electrical pumps. I'll need a small reserve
battery to keep the engine computer and wastegate servo alive but other than
that I can achieve my goal of keeping the 914 running in the event of total
electrical failure. (You get a bit paranoid about keeping the cooling fan
running when 35% of the country you fly over is subtropical bush covered
mountain that can eat planes!).

Tony