Re: Shielded Wire

Subject: Re: Shielded Wire
From: Robert L. Nuckolls III <nuckolls@aeroelectric.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 13:23:48

><< How do I go about grounding the braid on "shielded wire"? >>

   Try this old trick a Boeing tech showed me about 35 years
   ago while I was hammering on a B-52 . . .

   Strip away the outer jacket to expose the braid underneath.

   Bunch the braid up slightly and use an awl to open a pathway
   in the side of the braid close to the end of the outer jacket.

   Bend the wire/braid over 180 degrees and pull the center
   conductor out of the open hole.

   Tug the braid out straight to close the hole. Now you have
   two leads which may be terminated as needed.
       Bob . . .

                       ////
                      (o o)
       <  Independence Kansas: the     >