Re: new Rotax service bulletin

Subject: Re: new Rotax service bulletin
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 00:22:35
>I have just downloaded the new service bulletin from March 99 (SB-912
>026/E) from the Rotax user homepage. It's about the replacement of the
>stator assembly.

. It shouild be possible to do the exchange with the
>engine installed.....at least that's what I hope.
>Anyone planning to do this exchange in the near future and any "insider
>tips" how to do it the "easy way"??
>Klaus

My understanding is that Rotax insist that an approved person does the
exchange, in UK at least. It is possible to do it in situ but is not easy.
Several hours work. If you are unlucky and there is any corrosion in there,
(there was with ours, possibly due to coolant over splash) it will be
impossible in situ. Seeing what is involved I would be happier doing the
job with the engine out, then you know that it goes back correctly.

Graham