Corrosion Proofing

Subject: Corrosion Proofing
From: Keith Tallent <ktallent@ns1.avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 22:58:35
Miles/All

I'm just starting out but would like to get things right from the outset.

Do you use the Alodine treatment and then coat it with the Zinc
Chromate/Oxide or are these treatments for alternatives?

Is there a definitive list of what parts require what treatment?

Can Zinc Oxide spray be used instead of the nasty sounding Zinc Chromate?

Aircraft Spruce list "Improved Metal Prep No.79" as the precleaning agent to
use with Alodine No.1201, any reason you didn't use this?

What did you use on the inside of the pushrods etc?

regards

Keith Tallent
G-SAMY
Kit No 221