Re: Fuel Pressure Senders

Subject: Re: Fuel Pressure Senders
From: carl@photos.prestel.co.uk
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 1999 11:46:27
Following the recent discussions on fuel contamination/ water/ blocked
filters etc, we have decided to (a) fit a gascolator in the fuel line
(instesad of the Europa filter/ filters which in our opinion is not large
enough and likely to clog up) and (b) fit a FUEL PRESSURE GUAGE.

Fortunately there seems to be an offtake from our Grand Rapids EIS for a
pressure sensor so we are hoping this will be a relatively simple mod. The
EIS manual suggests using a Stewart Warner fuel pressure sender and gives
the appropriate wiring instructions. Once installed we will be able to
monitor the fuel pressure and get an alarm if there is a problem, hopefully
long before things get critical.

Anyone know where we might find one of these (Spruce and Speciality perhaps
?) If anyone has already done this mod, any suggestions as to how to proceed
would be appreciated.

Also, there is provision for monitoring water temperature but were not sure
where to fit the sensor - there dosent seem to be a takeoff already fitted.
Apparently you use the standar Rotax temp sender but there are about a dozen
places it could go, so where to put it ? Any suggestions.

Alternately, how easy is the Rotax system and what sort of cost ?