Re: Re: Fuel Pressure Senders

Subject: Re: Re: Fuel Pressure Senders
From: carl@photos.prestel.co.uk
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 1999 16:41:45

-----Original Message-----
From: nigelcharles <NigelCharles@compuserve.com>
Date: 04 April 1999 15:52
Subject: Re: Fuel Pressure Senders

>If you haven't already done so, you may like to read my e-mail on the
>parallel fuel system I have developed. It overcomes a blocked filter by
>automatically routing fuel by another pipe (no pilot input required and it
>tells you it has done it). In case you missed it I have included the text
>of the article as an attachment file to this e-mail.

Thanks for the information on pressure senders etc. Unfortunately I didnt
receive
the attachment which you mentioned and dont seem to have it archived anywhere.

>The 912 comes with two water temperature senders fitted to the head (port
>front and stbd rear). I shouldn't think it makes much difference which one
>you use as the water circulation should even out the potential differences.

Unfortunately my 912 only came with one cylinder head sensor as it was second
hand
(out of G-YURO) someone lost the other one and also the oil temp sender was
missing (or never there) so I will have to purchase another one - not such a
problem as it appears as the EIS already comes with two cylinder heas sensors
(you just bolt them in place of where the Rotax temp senders are fitted) and
then use the one of the Rotax senders for coolant temperature.

In your note you refer to the two water temperature senders fitted to the head
as though they are already mounted (port front and stbd rear) in the correct
place
to measure water temp. Surely water temp and cylinder head temp are two
different
parameters, even though in reality they will (hopefully) be nearly the
same. Presumably what you meant was that one of the two senders in the cylinder
heads could  be used for measuring water temp when mounted in the appropriate
place.

This brings me back to the original question ie- should the water/colant
temperature
be measured before or after it has been cooled by the radiators and if so
where is the best place to mount the sensor - Rotax do not appear to provide
a tapping for this purpose unless someone knows better.

Thanks for your your sugestions.

Carl Pattinson (G-LABS alias Kit 49)

<META content'"MSHTML 4.72.3110.7"' nameGENERATOR>

of the article as an attachment file to this e-mail.

and dont seem to have it archived anywhere.

two water temperature senders fitted to the head (port
rear). I shouldn't think it makes much difference which one
the water circulation should even out the potential differences.

temperature.

temp when mounted in the appropriate place.

better.

side of the pond if possible.

sugestions.

alias Kit 49)