Re: TRIMMING aileron clearance

Subject: Re: TRIMMING aileron clearance
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 00:18:07
> 1/ Check the tolerances permitted with the movement, trying to set them up
>to exactly 25 up and 22 down when rigged may result in a  minor nervous
>breakdown unless you have a perfectly built set of wings. There are a lot of
>linkage adjustments in the aileron system so be prepared to spend quite some
>time adjusting them back and forth to get it right.

Start with the up deflection and set that to 24 degrees by adjusting the
short push rod at the aileron end. Then set the quick connect bellcranks at
right angles to the spar with the ailerons neutral. Rig and check. Then
start head scratching  {{{?:-(

Set your flap deflections so that the flap lines up with the ailerons at
there eventual neutral. The neutral position cannot be pre adjusted, but if
everything else is OK neutral will be too. I think. If in doubt don't panic

Post cure the wings with the trailing edge flanges constrained otherwise
they may well shrink a bit and contract inwards, somewhat of a pain in the
butt because the ailerons and flaps won't fit properly.

Graham