Terra/Trimble

Subject: Terra/Trimble
From: TroyMaynor@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 21:20:52

Hi All,
Can anyone tell me if this is true. I heard that Terra/Trimble was thinking
about getting out of the business of making products like comm. radios and
transponders. I was seriously considering the purchase of their 760 comm. and
the 250 transponder. If they're going to stop making them I will probably look
elsewhere. Any suggestions on a good value and strong performing radio/
transponder set to put in a Europa?

On another subject, how many of you folks have looked at the
<A HREF="http://www.rose.com/~afa";>AUDIO FLIGHT AVIONICS engine monitoring
system? It does absolutely everything including fuel endurance, fuel pressure
and all the standard engine parameters. The nicest part is it has a pleasant
female voice that tells you when any limit you've set has been exceeded. Also
a nice feature is that only one cable has to penetrate the firewall if you get
the -10 model. The brain box is mounted on the firewall and all sensors go to
it. It's a little pricey at around $1,800.00 USD. Going shopping at Sun 'n'
Fun. Can anyone talk me out of this?  :>)
  Thanks for any information.

Troy Maynor  N120EU