RE: Landing Gear Mounting Frame

Subject: RE: Landing Gear Mounting Frame
From: Plantragg Developments <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 05:06:49
Hi! Lloyd.
I'm not an XS man but it sounds like Mk1 was the same . The vertical
dimensions are important since it fixes the horizontal level of the engine
line of thrust. The clearance between the top tube and the fuselage tunnel
corner is needed to enable you to thread the bungee rope through the gap
before it is tensioned.  I fell into the same trap and finished up taking
the frame out again to 'plough out' some more clearance and re-lay the plys
around the resulting corner. Similarly when you assemble the mechanism
which the other end of the bungee goes round you need to file a good
clearance from the aluminium also . (Just as well I installed my frame with
cling film so I could remove it comparatively easily!!!!!)Just notice the
time will you ? I'm up to do some knife trimming from last night!!!!
BFN
Best regards
Bob Harrison  337 G-PTAG  on ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk