Landing Gear Mounting Frame

Subject: Landing Gear Mounting Frame
From: GERAINT L OWENS <lloyd.owens@lineone.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 21:24:14
Perhaps - almost certainly - I'm just being dumb, but I can't understand
Para.3 of Page 21-2 Europa XS Monowheel Manual.   It says: "the correct
location for the frame is when the top and side tubes which are in the
vertical plain are within 1.5 to 3mm of the firewall vertical plane".   It
then says "Ensure there is a gap between the top tube and the fuselage
structure of at least 5mm".   Question is: how can it be 5mm, when we've
been told to position the frame 1.5 to 3mm away from the firewall?   Like I
said, I'm just being dumb, but answers please from those who have gone on
before!

Lloyd Owens