Re: Monowheel Europa Bites Red Arrows Leader!

Subject: Re: Monowheel Europa Bites Red Arrows Leader!
From: Gerry Holland <gnh@ddsc.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 08:11:54
Gentlemen

Why anonymous??

Many of your points if true are of concern especially regarding handling
of Aircraft during Taxiing, Take-off, Landing.

If indeed there has been an 'incident' at Kemble it will come to light
in next few weeks regardless of your implied 'cover up. Not surprisingly
'high time' Pilots like 'high time' Drivers make mistakes due to relaxed
approach inspired through experience. We will learn the facts if there
are any!

Regarding S/hand value's. Everyone has a motive for building an
Aircraft, often more than one. For me personally an 'eye' on the second
hand Market was furthest from my mind. Every deal on a second hand Home-
built loses money, even the best Lancair.

Finally the Factory 'test flight. You are right. I certainly didn't
Take-off or Land the Europa. I did Taxi it under Andy Draper's guidance
including a 180 to line up for take off. After 30 mins max. for sortie
as P1 I would not let any one, especially after only meeting them for
the first time often that day carry out either of these manoeuvres.
Exactly the same can happen when checking out a radically different
'Club' Aircraft.

With the Anonymous nature of this letter I can only interpret personally
that you do have some grievances or another. What a pity a more straight
forward and openly identified group could've presented them. Sniping in
anonymity often offends!!

Please lets hear from the many other dissatisfied Europa Biulders/Owners
and then move forward to 'fix' some definite problems accepted by all,
including Europa Aircraft.

Regards

Gerry

Bldr N0 384 G-DDSC