Re: Problems fitting flaps (Classic Wing)

Subject: Re: Problems fitting flaps (Classic Wing)
From: Ed <bizzarro@easynet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 18:30:31
Hi Miles

I can`t tell you the dimensons of the root chord of the top of my head, but
you should have constructed a jig that will , when the LE is snug in the
jig, give you exactly the dimension you require to the TE of the flap, and
indeed the angle that it is supposed to be at in its up position. Indeed we
had to remove 5mm from the trailing eadge of the flap in order to get it to
fit. Also quite alot of the bottom flange of the closeout is removed. Ours
is just over an inch. I dont recall anything about a 5mm gap between the
rounded LE of the flap and the closeout. Is that desirable? I thought that
is was a kind of stop for the flap.

Anyway I will go to the workshop tuesday and take a closer look as we have
just done that part ourselves

Laters

Ed
////Eddie Hatcher///Bill Lams///Nick Crisp////
///////South East London Flying Group///////