Re: Windshield de-misting

Subject: Re: Windshield de-misting
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 10:00:29
Maybe a simpler solution.

We use an anti misting wax to keep the mist off in winter. There are several
vendors of these blocks of bright pink wax. The wax is applied to a soft
cloth and then rubbed liberally over the Perspex. The film lasts around
two - three weeks and works wonders at keeping the windscreen clear - no
more taxiing blind! Since starting to use it some three years ago the club
has all but removed the incidence of internal screen scratches.

If you go to Sun 'n Fun I am sure that there will be at least one stand
that'll sell you a lifetime's supply for US$20!

Tony