Re: Antenna problems

Subject: Re: Antenna problems
From: Robert L. Nuckolls III <nuckolls@aeroelectric.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 07:41:07
>I was doing a continuity check on the coax for my comm.  The coax
>is OK; but, I tried doing a continuity check from the center pin at the
>comm down to the tip of the antenna.  When I checked the whip
>antenna,  I got no continuity.  Since I know nothing about this stuff,  I
>have this question.  Should there be continuity from the center pin in
>the connector on the antenna and the tip of the antenna?  If there
>should be, I have a break somewhere in the antenna.

  I would check with the manufacturer of the antenna. Radio frequency
  energy can be piped through a lot of components not the least
  of which is capacitors . . . they do not conduct DC current.
  The other way to check is to push some energy into the antenna
  with a transmitter and check standing wave ratio or you can
  use a device like the antenna analyzer shown in the tools section
  of our website catalog.

       Bob . . .
                       ////
                      (o o)