Insurance question

Subject: Insurance question
From: andrew.robinson@barco.com
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 15:59:57
        When I was making my decision of mono-wheel vs. tri-gear,
        I called the insurance company for some pricing. The mono
        gear version costs more to insure due to being a tail-dragger
        and having retractable gear.

        However, unlike most retracts, there is little likelyhood of
        a gear-up landing due to the coupling of the gear and flaps.

        I was wondering if the factory, club, or any individuals had
        any success in educating the insurance companies so that there
        is less of a "retract penalty" on one's insurance rates.

        Andrew