RE: Vne

Subject: RE: Vne
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 03:55:42
Message text written by Plantragg Developments
>I was under the impression that I was
making a purchase of a kit that gave a specification of 165KTS Vne when I
purchased Kit 337  and since I am currently installing the Jabiru 3300 x6
cylinder any reduction of the cleared Vne makes me twitch !<

As I understand the situation, the Europa was designed with a Vne of 165
kts, but has only been cleared by PFA to 150 kts. That doesn't mean that it
won't be safe at 165, just that no one is quite sure. Part of the problem
is strength of composites at high temperature. ie Hot day in the desert,
strong thermals etc.

Graham