Resin Balance

Subject: Resin Balance
From: P.D. Dr. Erich Gabbe <gabbe@uke.unihamburg.de>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 09:46:32

Having finished almost all resin work, my solution was: Buy a household
electronic
balance, range 200 grams, accurate to 0.1 gram and a simple electronic
calculator.
For Ampreg-20 (4+1 by weight) place a cup on the balance, reset to zero,
fill any amount of hardener first up to 35 grams, multiply by a factor of
5 and fill up to that amount with resin. It is easy to obtain an accuracy of
required
resin weight of say +/- 2 percent or even less. Use care however not to
overshoot a total weight of 200 grams including the cup. So for a cup weight
of say 15 gms the indication will stop increasing at 185 gms regardless how much
resin you are pouring in. For the rare occasions when mixing more resin at
a time was practical I used a household electronic balance with a range of 2
kilograms , accurate to 1 gram. I checked the balances using calibrated weights
and found them to be sufficiently accurate.

Erich, Hamburg Wing, No 91

<META content'"MSHTML 4.72.3509.100"' nameGENERATOR>