Re: Single Cup Resin Balance

Subject: Re: Single Cup Resin Balance
From: Kesterton@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 01:49:41
In a message dated 23/11/98 19:06:59 GMT,  ktallent@ns1.avnet.co.uk writes:

<< oes anyone have any drawings or details of the single cup resin balance (I
 believe John Tye built and used one).
 I have the article which appeared in  "The Europa Flyer" (issue no. 12)
 which shows the theory and a photo of the balance but here is no detailed
 dimensions or description of materials used.
 Any details will be gratefully received.

Somewhere....I have a drawing that the factory faxed over to me. I will see if
I can find  the drawing. I have tried two cup and one cup balances (and
electronic) and found that the one cup was by far the best.

The knife edge bearing is important. For mine I used a piece of 1cm angle
mounted on the beam so that the bend the highest point, and then pivoted the
beam on two sharp point screws with the points uppermost.