RE: Work table

Subject: RE: Work table
From: David Glauser <dg@xpsystems.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 09:54:48

I've been having great success using .75" MDF (medium-density
fiberboard) to provide a flat work surface. I'd hate to ever have to
pick up a piece of "high-density fiberboard" - this stuff is heavy. I
bought some very straight 2x4s, and used deck screws to make a square
frame underneath the MDF. The whole thing is HEAVY and FLAT, but can be
stored against the wall when not needed.

Some layups need a full length table (like the flaps) but for the
smaller ones such as the tailplanes, I had two pieces of MDF that were
2.5' by 6'. I stacked them on each other on top of sawhorses. When the
top gets too covered with epoxy, flip it over - you have four surfaces
to mess up.

<META NAME"Generator" CONTENT"MS Exchange Server version 5.0.1458.49">