Re: Torque Tube

Subject: Re: Torque Tube
From: Fillinger@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 22:29:41
Troy --

I agree one might be tempted to use AN4 bolts back there on the torque tube,
but I wouldn't want to be the one to remove/replace the bolts after the
fuselage top is on.  The arrangement they have looks geared to future
maintenance through the access hole. though it would still be tough.

The pins have shear loads only, and thus none which could break the cotter
pin.  There are lots of planes over many years whose wheels are attached with
a nut subject to rotation, secured with a cotter pin, and subject to
considerable loads, vibration, and abuse.  They don't seem to fall off,
though.

Regards,
Fred Fillinger, A063

In a message dated 10/21/98 7:13:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time,