reserve tank

Subject: reserve tank
From: Ben <sales@fernhursttvr.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 10:44:25

A word of caution to those who reckon they always have about 10 litres of
reserve.
I have been doing quite a lot of trailering interspersed with short flights
and therefore no refuelling.  Despite never having used reserve I suddenly
noticed the reserve's capacitance gauge reading half.  I suspected the gauge but
drained it to check and obtained under 5 litres. Obviously with a "lowish"
main tank and some enthusiastic driving fuel was slopping out of reserve and
into
main.  I doubt this would occur in flight but it certainly does on the road
so be warned.

<META content'"MSHTML 4.72.2106.6"' nameGENERATOR>

warned.