RE: wing lights

Subject: RE: wing lights
From: andrew.robinson@barco.com
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 21:14:21
        Bob,

> Hi!Andrew Robinson, you are obviously along way ahead of me although
> my kit is approaching completion----- I haven't even got my PPL yet
> !!!!( shows a touch of lunacy perhaps!)

        Yes, but it's the good kind of lunacy. Going to get your ticket
in the Europa? That will spoil you.
        Most of my flying is and has been in Cessna 152's and 172's. Now
that I've flown a Europa, my level
        of discontent with the spam-cans has increased greatly.

> Obviously you are aware of VFR ? However concerning your problem on
> posibility of auto electrical connect for simple NAV lights try
> exploring the Escort boot lid connectors or similarly some breeds of
> Fiat's have them . All suggestions come without liability and are not
> yet approved!

        The spring-loaded contacts would be one solution and would
engage when the wing was plugged
        into the fuselage. I was also thinking of possibly having a
connector dangling off the wires
        and the connectors (one in the wing root and one in the
fuselage) get connected while the wing
        is in the last couple of inches of travel before being pinned in
place. Maybe put a small
        recess in the wing root for the connectors (I'm guessing here
since I don't exactly recall
        the wing root details).

        Or just put the nav lights in the fuselage at the wing root and
run a fiber optic line out from
        the wing root to the tip. Hmmmm...

        andrew