Wing Lights

Subject: Wing Lights
From: Edward Gladstone <TedGladstone@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 16:41:30

Andrew wrote:-

>>      I was thinking maybe just an electrical connector at the wing
>>      root and another one on the fuselage.

>>      Anyone already have a fix for this situation?

We propose to fit Centronics style module connectors for wing tip strobes
etc. --- ( RS stock nos 447-061 & 447-077 ) -- Gold plated @ 5amps with
floating bushes and  good shrouding of both plug and socket.    One bonded
to the fuselage and the other, with sufficient packing, bonded to the wing
root .  The wing lift pins provide ample alignment prior to pushing the
wing fully home.   The above part nos are for 8 way but they can be
obtained up to 24 way and contacts can be wired in parallel for higher
loads.

Ted & Justin.