Re: Door Annunciator ??

Subject: Re: Door Annunciator ??
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 08:56:07

>> I'm sure I read somewhere where an unengaged shoot bolt caused a canopy
>> door to depart the plane completely.

I have three incidents of door departures recorded as a result of pins not
being inserted properly which I why I am added shoot bolt engaged
microswitches.

Another useful addition is a small pin on the lower horizontal edge of the
door which fits into a small hole on the door frame. This stops the door
bulging outwards and creating a suction effect against your upper arm. The
Lakeland XS demonstrator has one of these.

As to indicators, forget the CMOS logic, just drive the feed to the lamps
---From the microswitches. If you want to use LED's then buy daylight readable
ones. You can get these in red that are as bright as 1500Mcd, green goes as
high as 2500Mcd. Many road vehicles have these on the rear for use as high
stop lights and they are certainly visible in strong sunlight. The red ones
also make very useful night vision torches!

Tony
Tony Krzyzewski    tonyk@kaon.co.nz
Managing Director  Ph 64 9 520 4631
Kaon Technologies  Fx 64 9 520 3321