Re: Door Annunciator ??

Subject: Re: Door Annunciator ??
From: Fillinger@aol.com
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 21:55:59

Bob --

I'm sure I read somewhere where an unengaged shoot bolt caused a canopy
door to deaprt the plane completely.   The much smaller, flatter window, on
the
slower Cessna 150 I don't think is comparable (it's also located in the
disturbed
airstream of the wing/fuselage junction).  I don't even play an aerodynamicist
on TV, but I would guess that the shape of the Europa fuselage results in a
much greater negative pressure outside (and above) the doors, relative to the
cabin interior.

Regards,
Fred Fillinger, A063

<< Is the danger of an unlatched canopy that great?  Long ago I flew fire
patrol in << a  tired old 150 whose right window popped open unexpectedly.
The only
<< damage was to my nervous system.

 Bob Williams >>