Re: Glass/Epoxy weight ratio

Subject: Re: Glass/Epoxy weight ratio
From: J. FELL <jw17@dial.pipex.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 19:15:58
Steve
If it helps I can send you my Lotus spreadsheets for resin and redux ratios.
This is what I do:-
1.On my 200gram scale I zero then put on the pot with the mixing stick in
it. Re zero
2.Pour in the amount of resin that I think I need with a maximum of around
110 grams. Let the scale stabilise and read off the amount of resin I
actually ended up with. Re zero
3.Find the amount of hardener from the spreadsheet pasted up on the wall by
the scales, this has the resin steps as 0.5gram and the hardener amount
required to 0.1gram.(scale resolution is 0.1 gram). Add exactly the required
amount of hardener.
It takes longer to write it out than to do it but he above has worked well
for me
Jim Fell No 372