Introduction:

Subject: Introduction:
From: aviatordave@fuse.net
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 08:41:26
Dear Fellow Europhiles,
    I have been enjoying the Europa e-mail conference since June 21st
and think it is time to introduce myself.
    I am Dave Conrad from Cincinnati, Ohio, USA, Builder #A078. I
received my tail kit in January '98, and my fuselage in March '98. I'm
holding off picking up my wings until Sun 'N Fun '99. I have a daughter,
Kimberly, who is 15 years old and we are building our Europa together.
She is interested in aviation (soloed a glider this summer), and I could
think of no better way to give her a kick start in aviation than to
build our own airplane. My wife, Sue, and younger daughter, Kristin (12)
are also involved with the project.
    Ours is an XS and we are building slowly...  but I am very happy
with the quality of our results. So far the rudder is complete, the
tailplanes are ready for the root and rear spar close outs, and the trim
tabs are complete. I have built the pip pin threaded covers and they are
installed. We have a long way to go.
    Our shop is a garage under the house. It is 12' X 50' with a gloss
white epoxy floor, heated and airconditioned. I look forward to the
winter season and hope for better progress during the long nights. The
best part of winter is not having to cut the grass!
    I follow Tony K's progress on his web site with great interest. He
is providing a wonderful service to builders like me. The pictures are a
big help. Tony... Take more pictures!
    The messages on this discussion group have slowed down lately. I can
only hope that everyone is busy building?
    Our vision is a Europa of the highest quality in its fit and finish.
Night and IFR certified. 914 with a constant speed prop.
    I can be reached directly for those who wish at:
<aviatordave@fuse.net>
    Best Regards and Happy Building!    Dave, Sue, Kimberly, and Kristin