Re: Oven Baking

Subject: Re: Oven Baking
From: Dave Simpson <DaveSimpson@londonweb.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 21:33:10
Dave,

Ref your apparent hot metal: both composite and metal are actually at the
same temperature.  The reason that the metal feels hotter is that it is a
better conductor of heat than the composite (and has a greater thermal
capacity); this results in more heat being transferred to your skin which
then feels hotter.

Dave

----------
> From: David Watts <dwatts@ns1.avnet.co.uk>
> Subject: Re: Oven Baking
> Date: 03 September 1998 06:57
>
> >What are opinions on whether the flanges and trailing edges should be
hard
> >clamped? Rather than conjecture from those who have yet to bake has
anyone
> >baked without clamping the edges and lived to regret it?
>
> We baked 'XDY in a friends car spray booth oven (together with Bob
Fairall's