Oven Baking

Subject: Oven Baking
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 09:20:30
I am about to do my first bake session.

We have the luxury of a lined glider trailer to use as a bake oven and I have
made a microprocessor unit to control the temperature with a ramp up and
down. The Stamp based unit, which independantly controls two heaters with
digital thermometer feedback, gradually raises the temperature over a three
hour period, does the bake and then bring the temperature back down over a
three hour period. If anyone wants the details of how to build one and the
code then drop me an email.

What are opinions on whether the flanges and trailing edges should be hard
clamped? Rather than conjecture from those who have yet to bake has anyone
baked without clamping the edges and lived to regret it?

Tony
Tony Krzyzewski    tonyk@kaon.co.nz
Managing Director  Ph 64 9 520 4631
Kaon Technologies  Fx 64 9 520 3321