Layup Yellowing

Subject: Layup Yellowing
From: Tony Renshaw <renshaw@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 22:22:25
Gidday,
Today I placed the 12" single ply layups into the aileron pushrod tube
cutouts in the TE root cores. I was tripping over myself so I placed them
on my back verandah about 2 PM through till dark. During this time they
were NOT exposed to direct sunlight. When I collected these pieces later on
the surface of the single ply exposed to the ambient light had a yellow
discolouration similar, except darker, to the discolouration of my rudder
which has been in my workshop exposed only to flourescent light for over 18
months. So all I can gather from this is that outside light is bad for
layups. Does anyone know if this discolouration is structurally
compromising? Luckily for me this particular component is non structural.
The spell must be broken!! Me thinks I won't put a layup outside again.
Reg
Tony Renshaw
Builder No. 236
Reg