Southco Fasteners

Subject: Southco Fasteners
From: DeWitt Dee Whittington <deew@richmond.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 10:30:33
Not being a builder (yet), but having MUCH too much experience with Southco
fasteners on multiple Cessnas, I would never use them.  Our flying club has
spent hundreds of $$$ changing our 150, 172 and 182 all over to the top
line, stainless CamLoc 4002 series.  For us that required buying the STC'd
kit from Skybolt in Florida for a certified aircraft, but will be no
problem on a Europa.

This may be overkill, but makes an excellent cowl fastening system.  Or
planes fly 500 hours per year and one has 12,000 hours on it.  The cowl
comes off frequently for maintenance so the removals an vibration really
attack the Southcos.

These are available from many sources, but the Skybolt folks are super to
deal with, give a 20% discount to flying clubs and really know their stuff.
 800-223-1963, FAX 407-889-8103.  Excellent catalog of practically any
fastener you can think of.

Dee Whittington
Richmond, Virginia