Re: first flight disaster

Subject: Re: first flight disaster
From: Eric Hoppe <behoppe@worldaccessnet.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 20:29:38
Greetings all-

Being my first submission of hopefully many, I would like to thank you in
advance
for all your help.  I had a demo flight in the Europa XS in Arlington and have
since been completely infatuated with the A/C.  It flew like a dream and I can't
think of much else since.

There are some facts I would like to know or at least have cleared up before
purchasing.  The Europa reps would not say anything about the Subaru engine
other
than they were aware it was being used in certain planes.  They said to use the
recommended Rotax. ok.  While in Arlington, we also had a chance to go across
the
runway to visit the man who rebuilds and markets the Subaru engines.  He claimed
his engines were rock solid and then made a claim about a Europa that
experienced
collapsed main gear on landing during the initial test flight.  The Europa reps
said no Europa has experienced collapsed gear.  Who is right?  Of the Europas
that
have been completed, how many are still in the air?  What is the collective
damage
history of the completed planes and cause behind said damage?

I don't mean to start anything here but I would be that much more comfortable
knowing the answers to these questions.  Thanks again for your time.

---ehops (# ???)