Re: Pitot - Static Positioning

Subject: Re: Pitot - Static Positioning
From: James Naylor <jnaylor@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 08:14:38

----------
> From: James H. Nelson <europajim@juno.com>
> Subject: Pitot - Static Positioning
> Date: 24 July 1998 03:05
>
> As best I can determine, the new position for the Pitot is a foot
> outboard of the flap aileron interface and one third back from the
> leading edge.  Am I correct?  If so, what about placing it closer to the
> tip - say one foot inboard from the  tip alieron interface.  This would
> allow the running of the tubing for the pitot / static to the tip cavity
> then down the tubing used for the wiring for the running lights.

The position advised by Europa, and proven to work, is 13" outboard of the
aileron/flap junction (measured from the aileron edge) and 12" aft of the
spar trailing edge. It should also be at right angles to the spar, not the
lead/trailing edge of the wing.  Other positions may work, but Europa did a
lot of experimenting before determining this position. If you decide to try
other positions you will probably be going over the same ground they have
already trod.

Jim